Thursday, November 27, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Thanksgiving The Seattle Tours Management Team wishes all of you a safe and meaningful Thanksgiving. We still have a need for volunteers who want to serve the homeless at Cafe Amore on Thanksgiving at 11 AM. Even if you can only give a few hours, please let us know. Right now the list from Seattle Tours is:
- Dan, Alice, Peter and Ben
- Mark and Susie Weber
- Steve Powell
- Jean Marc Gauthier
Posted by Seattle Tours Management Team at 5:00 PM
Monday, November 17, 2008
Boeing Tour is back at it! Boeing settled their strike and we began running tours again this past Monday. We are leaving downtown Seattle at 9:30 AM for the 10:30 AM tour (spot time: 8 AM), though we have moved pickup times for a few hotels up to help the drivers get out of town on time. We are also working on an update of the Manual which will feature maps and increased Talking Points. That should be ready to go by Dec. 1st. Premier Outlet Shopping / Casino Tour/Shuttle We are moving ahead to have daily tours/shuttles up to the Tulalip Casino and Seattle Premier Outlet Shopping. We have ordered brochures and hope to begin marketing this week and will start the tour this coming Friday or Saturday. It is marked "OC" on the DRIVERS' CALENDAR.
- The spot time for this tour is 8:30 AM. If there are early pickups in the South-end, our 10 PM guide will often be able to bring them into downtown.
- We are shuttling people up to the Tulalip Casino and Seattle Premier Outlet Shopping outside of Marysville, WA. We leave Seattle at 10 AM, arrive there at 11 AM, and come back at 3 PM.
- The cost is $36.00; we will take payment as soon as we arrive at the destination.
- Whether this is a shuttle or a tour will depend on YOU. We, of course, will encourage cross merchandizing of our other tours, and therefore you should not simply talk about the same things that you talk about on the Boeing Tour. We will be working on a Talking Points Manual as soon as we have some experience and discover what people want.
IRA and Direct Deposit This is a continuing reminder to particpate in our SIMPLE-IRA Plan. Just use the forms that Dan sent out to everyone last month. And contact Steve if you'd like Direct Deposit of your pay check into your account email@example.com (and bring in a VOIDED check). Marketing and Meetup We have started a number of initiatives to increase our tour numbers over the winter. One way we are trying to reach the local populace (and their holiday visitors) is through participation in Meetup.com. Our groups there are Whim Tours in Seattle, Visitors, Family and Friends of Meetup in Seattle, and Point A to Point B. Check out the site, it's rather intriguing.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Posted by Seattle Tours Management Team at 6:00 AM
Monday, November 10, 2008
Introduction The Seattle Tours Weekly is intended to enhance communication among us all, to help us fulfill our mission of providing extraordinary tours with exceptional service. We will post a new (two week) CALENDAR by Monday morning every week. We will post a WEEKLY BRIEFING by Tuesday morning every week.
Feel free to comment on particular posts. They will be seen by everyone and you will be identified. Do not use comments to get immediate action. If you see an open tour date, pick up the phone and call immediately.
If you use Firefox as your browser, you can type a Ctrl-F and get a search box where you can type your initials, then click "Highlight all" and very clearly see the tours you have scheduled for the next two weeks.
I would suggest copying any content (including the Calendars) and pasting it into Word and then printing, so you can avoid using ink on the color of the background.