Friday, June 25, 2010

Thank you notes

If you get a Thank you note from a guest that doesn't come through the office, send it my way so we can post in here (and crow about it on Facebook and Twitter).

Here's a recent one for Rick L. after a Mt. Rainier tour. Note that he demonstrated the "exceptional customer service" we are known for by returning with a pair of gloves that were left on the coach.


May 31, 2010


Dear Rick,

Please accept my belatedly expressed but sincere gratitude for the extra trouble you took to return my gloves.  My husband Aaron and I were on your May 19th tour to Mt. Rainier.  We thoroughly enjoyed the tour --- especially with all the extra information that you shared.  We loved snowshoeing.  That tour stands out as a highlight of our trip.

I got the gloves at the Philadelphia Half Marathon which I ran in November, so they hold a lot of sentimental value for me.  Thanks to you I got them back and I was glad to have them to wear in Alaska.

Our cruise went well. We saw more mountains and glaciers.  But we’ll always remember Mt. Rainier and all that we learned from you. 

Thanks so much, Rick, and continued happy tour guiding to you!

Sincerely,
Alice Hurwitz

PS:  I’m wearing my Mt. Rainier pin --- thank you!


(Rick explains: "A couple from Pennsylvania took our tour to Mt. Rainier on a wet day before they were to take in an Alaska cruise. Everybody seemed to have a good time. Near the end of the tour, I arbitrarily "award" one or two of our guests with a Mt. Rainier hat pin, which sort of serves as a merit badge for someone that seems to have particularly enjoyed the trip. As it turns out, I gave one pin to the lady from Pennsylvania."

No comments: